Before embarking on a mission to raise a future leader, firstly it would be advisable to know the makings of a good leader.
This would include:
- Humility - The ability to step aside to let someone else give their opinion.
- Compassion - a genuine concern for the well-being of others.
- Transparency - being open and honest with others.
- Inclusiveness -accepting people’s differences, opinions and perspectives.
- Collaboration - working together to achieve a common goal.
- Value-Based Decisiveness - decisions based on personal values.
Other qualities of a good leader can be found in; 2Timothy 2:22-25
- Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels, And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth. The youth also need mentors, like Paul was a mentor to Timothy 1Timothy 4:11-16
author: Busisiwe Zwane